Wednesday, February 10, 2010

V

I.

I forgot your name
I forgot what you looked like.

Now we meet again in that
happy place.

The first time we met you were
dismissive of my poetry.

But I was drawn to you,
as you said you wrote verse.

We sat, and drank, and left
for a four-AM breakfast.
With no change in your
demeanor or attitude.

No good-byes, I walk-out
on you at diner,
while you intercede on behalf
of waitress arguing with manager.

II.

Re-introduced.
You startle me by how hurt you were
when I left the diner.

It is only then that I realized,
I got through to your inner being,
and past that defensive outer shell.
That you are as lonely as I.

Leave happy place.
Diner re-dux/Uneventful/More insight.
To apartment/Reading poetry-prose.

My God, how you paint your
prose with evocative scenes
and people.

An eye for detail,
with a sensitive touch.
We are kindred spirits
in the written word.

Poetic smoke/Passionate fire.
Love/Nap/Love/Slumber/Love/AM to PM.

How passionate you are in action
as in your words.
How you return my love
in kind.
How in the afternoon we go out
Into a ‘Sunday Coming Down’
type of day'.


Puma/MMIX

Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment