Thursday, January 14, 2010

Essay on Jack (Mad Life)

I read Kerouac
he loved mad people
those who were mad
about life and
lived life to the fullest.

No not Ginsberg, Burroughs
Ferlenghetti, or Corso
they did not speak to me
only your verse
influenced my
outlook on life.

So when I am
called Mad
too passionate
too emotional
I feel comforted.

Madly lived life
my verse reflecting style
alone and lonely and solitary
live life madly
my absurd views
inverted pyramids
life lived madly
persona not person
caricature of myself.

Writing now
not emulating
or imitating
but examining my
thoughts and emotions
through life experiences
via your inspiration.

Jack/Jupiter
progenitor of those
yellow Roman Candles
we Mad Bastards
in verse
know our Patron.


Puma/MMIX


Copyright 2009/Tony Puma
Voices in my head, verses to be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment