Thursday, February 25, 2010

E.R.

"Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me".
Emily Dickinson.
------------------------------------


I am DEAD. Yes i am DEAD! How do i know i am DEAD?
Because the doctor in the ER does not seem to hear me.
He seems to be looking right through me.
I see them, the doctor and my lover Gary.
'Gary, can you hear me'? No, just a blank stare in response.

God-damn (I shouldn't use that phrase anymore),
simple procedure, my ass. Emergency/yes, OK,
Gary and i were looking for a medical solution,
not a final solution. I guess they gave Gary some
bull-shit explantion. Maybe i should never have
signed that DNR statement. Gary, how brave we were with
that document. The CREMATION, crap i forgot about that.
Scatter my ashes over the Atlantic off the Jersey shore
how poetic. I know Gary will respect my wishes.

But, wait, how can i think/see/hear/feel/
if i am DEAD?
Ah, you will never know, wait you will know one day.
And of course days won't matter either
Oh no, what if i have been dead for years,
and what i see is only the last image i saw before i DIED.

DEATH is eternal, so my love for Gary will be eternal.


Tony Puma/MMX

No comments:

Post a Comment