Thursday, January 3, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR-2013



2013 is hard upon us
ushering in the adolescent
years of the 21st century,
having lived through the
senior years of the 20th
century and the birth
of the 21st., I wonder about
the angst, donder und blitzen
of my teenager as he/she goes
through centennial puberty.

Will she be haughty and snide
and pouting (?)
Will he be too smart all skinny
biceps ready to prove his
masculinity like his father 1913 (?)
or his grand-father 1813 (?)
inauspicious antecedents.

My annual off-spring
will you be the harbinger
of a post post-modern world
or will teenage-spite give us
7 lean years ?

Oh, all this poetic pondering
unless I am dead by 12/31/12
(I do not anticipate that)
I will relish all that is to pass
and maybe, in my old age wisdom,
to my teenager so advise,
“a word to the wise.”


©TPuma/MMXIII


1 comment:

  1. do you have e-mail?
    write me by jovem10df@gmail.com
    I saw your profile in silver daddies.

    ReplyDelete