Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mothers Cousin I



Jimmy gosha-longo was a cousin.
(Jimmy long legs.)
He came to mind when I buried my mother.

Jimmy would run from his house
to catch the Pitkin Avenue bus.
(Do not inquire of me as to his destination.)

Anyways, he must have had a bus time-table.
You see, he would stop into Henny’s Candy Store
and order an Egg Cream.

As Henny made the creamy cocktail,
inevitably the bus would arrive,
and Jimmy would run-out,
leaving Henny with the Egg Cream.

Sounds like a head-game, right (?)
I think so.
How fast could Henny make the Egg Cream?
How fast could Jimmy drink and pay for it?

It probably all worked out well, but,
the sweet-street story was that Jimmy
got the best of Henny everytime.

Maybe.

Because,
Henny always called Jimmy,
“A Schmuck.”

©TPuma/MMXIII

No comments:

Post a Comment