Monday, January 26, 2015

Lifeguard (YMCA-1999)


At the pool
trunks and Tee.
In the pool
Speedo.

You move with
feminine grace, with a masculine physique.
You swim so effortlessly, powerfully,
strokes to laps.

With ecru skin and a boyish face,
peaches-and-cream,
you cross gender boundaries.

I get restless watching you,
forbidden fruit, eye candy.
You are more than meets my eye,
you are youth and masculine beauty,
as near perfect as Nature intended.

I only know you from afar, outward glances.
I hope you also possess an inner beauty.
Oh, Mother Nature, could you be so kind,
to form that more perfect union.

As you mature,
and leave your boyish charms poolside,
to reflect:

On days that will never return,
to dwell on a moment in time,
when Nature blessed you.

I also
will have a memory
of that moment.


TP.



No comments:

Post a Comment