Friday, December 27, 2024

HANNUKAH HAT

 

I’ve donned my

Hannukah Hat/

to light Menorah

candles that/

will glow for

eight nights/

that tradition says/

is how we celebrate/

with lights.

 

Blue and White,

Blue and White/

Menorah echoes

the Heavens/

at night.

In sotto voce /

a chanted prayer.

When all eight are bright/

my Hannukah Hat/

til’ next year will alight.

©TPuma/MMXXIV/5785

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. That was a joy to read Tony. You have a real talent with conjuring beautiful imagery with words. I hope you won't mind me leaving you a comment here. My name's Alp and I run a YouTube channel called 'The June Christy Story'. I had read a Facebook comment you'd left, mentioning having seen June perform in 1963 at the Village Gate. I am based in the UK, I don't know if that's why Facebook didn't allow me to message you there directly (I had a "You do not know this person" notification, when I tried) so I hope you won't mind me trying to get your attention here - when I searched your name on Google, I found your wonderful collection of work. It would be a joy to speak with you - I've been trying to collect memories from people that were fortunate enough to see June perform live, it hasn't been easy - there is so little about her career on the internet and I am hoping to change that. I couldn't find an email for you, but I'll leave mine here: alphaydar (AT symbol) gmail (DOT) com. Please do look for "The June Christy Story" on YouTube, and if you like my work - I would love to chat briefly with you, hear what you remember, however much, however little, getting to learn about a show from her later career would be really enrich my project (and with Wood Allen opening for her, no less!). Sending you my very best, to you and your loved ones, and Happy Hannukah for 2 months time! Al

    ReplyDelete